LESSON PLAN IN HOME ECONOMICS
At the end of the lesson, the students will be able:
1. To identify and enumerate the different food groups.
2. To perform different activities relating to the usefulness of the three basic food groups.
3. To appreciate the value of eating nutritious foods.
II. CONTENT AND MATERIALS
Topic/ Subject Matter : The Three Basic Food Groups
Reference : Alviar, H. E. et. al. (2005). The World of Work 5.
REX Publishing House
Instructional Materials : PowerPoint presentation, cut- out
pictures , cartolina, pens
III. PROCEDURE/ LEARNING ACTIVITY
A. Routine Activities/ Introductory Activity
Students will choose a prayer partner and they will pray together.
Students will say their assigned numbers.
3. Checking of Assignments
The teacher will ask the students if they have listed the food that they have eaten yesterday.
B. Lesson Proper
· The teacher will show a picture of foods through a PowerPoint presentation.
· The students will search in the classroom some hidden pictures of food. Then, they will sort out these pictures by pasting them into the basket.
After the activity, the teacher will ask the students why they came up to the idea that they should put that food in the certain basket.
· The teacher will present the three basic food groups. (base on the food groups in each basket)
· Go Food
- Give heat and energy, help other nutrients work for the body
· Glow Food
- Prevent diseases by building the body’s resistance, regulates body processes
· Grow Food
- Promote growth, build muscles, repair the worn – out tissues, give strength
C. Developmental Activity
The teacher will show a picture of an unhealthy and healthy child and the following questions will be asked:
a. What is the difference between the two children?
b. What do you think made this child healthy?
c. Why do you think this child is healthy?
Group the students into four to be ready with the activities. Each group will be given 10 minutes for brainstorming and 5 minutes for each presentation.
a. Play let
Show a play let regarding the importance of basic food groups in the family meals.
Which is the most important of the three basic food groups? Have a moderator who will give the conclusion.
Depicts the result of inadequacy of nutritious food in meals
· Each group will give insights regarding the activity presented. The teacher will emphasize the value of good nutrition in the body.
· Base on the assignment, the teacher together with the students will evaluate the food they ate if it nutritious and adequate.
· The teacher will encourage the students to give their ideas by partner (in prayer time) with regards to the quotation, “Good Nutrition Equals Good Health”, as a generalization.
· Plan and make a 1- meal menu containing the three basic food groups by your partner. The teacher will encourage the students to prepare this food in their household.
The teacher will facilitate the students in making generalized concepts or ideas regarding the lesson.
· Therefore, having nutritious and adequate food in a meal is very much important to our body because good nutrition equals good health.
Write a 100-word essay regarding the value of eating nutritious and adequate food with the use of the three basic food groups.
Make a collage of Go, Grow, and Glow Foods using food wrappers.